Nothing compares to feeling like your body is on fire. This pain is certainly the overriding symptom. Recently i scratched my knee and you would have thought I had been stabbed. It’s almost unbelievable to learn that meditation such as qi gong can actually stop this. But meditation triggers the parasympathetic system which, in turn, calms the sympathetic system. The overactive sympathetic system is what is sending blood to these areas when there is no longer injury but is causing pain. I believe that this pain is inflammation.
Things I do to help myself:
- Meditate/qi gong (i do this daily for at least 20 mins)
- Get out for a walk. Exercise reduces inflammation levels.
- Anything to the calm system will calm that inflammatory response and cool the burn. Maybe that’s sitting with a cup of herbal tea and reading a book.
- Eat alkaline foods.
- But then maybe some ice cream. 🙂
- Watch a funny movie.
- Use my acupressure mat to calm everything.
- Get out of the house to change focus.
- Take a quiet moment and think about what the pain would feel like if it didn’t feel like burning
- Take a warm bath with Epsom salt. Sounds counter-intuitive but it calms me. Just don’t use hot water or you will possibly get the opposite effect.
- Acupuncture needles just to calm my body – nothing else.
- Don’t get upset, don’t get stressed. That will make it worse. I remember that it will soon pass.
- Go to sleep.
I am not a doctor but I have figured out ways to control my pain. I should also add, if you have any ideas for me, I welcome them always.